Additional Downloadable Application Materials
*The recommender should submit the letter of reference on letterhead and must include current contact information.
Downloaded applications and required documentation may be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Services
Morrison Hall 102
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, NJ 07470.
Before you Apply Online
Some graduate programs have application deadlines.
You will be required to select a category for your online application; please review the types listed below before continuing.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP):
• Those seeking a DNP must possess a master's degree accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission NLNAC with a major in nursing (advanced clinical practice or nursing administration/management)
Master's Degree: (M.A., M.A.T., MBA, M.Ed., M.F.A., M.M., M.S., M.S.N.,)
• Those seeking a master's degree must already possess a baccalaureate degree
• Those who are seeking an initial State of New Jersey teaching certification.
• Those teachers who are already certified in the state of NJ (standard or CEAS) and are interested in obtaining additional licenses/certifications.
• Applicants who have previously earned a master’s degree and wish to earn up to 30 credits in courses designated as open to non-matriculated students.
• Currently enrolled students in a graduate program outside of William Paterson University, intending to transfer earned WPU credits to their home institution
• Those that have been inactive in their program for more than one year and wish to be reconsidered for admission.
• Those who are not American citizens and those who do not have permanent residence status with an I-51, or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card) must apply as “international students”.
• Those who wish to enroll for up to 9 graduate credits or 30 undergraduate credits without matriculating into a graduate program
• Must possess a bachelors degree
• Successes in courses do not guarantee admission into a degree program, certification or endorsement program.
• Certain programs are not open to non-degree students
*Graduate non-degree, post-master's and visiting students who are not matriculated into a degree, certificate or endorsement program are not eligible for financial aid, or the unemployment tuition waiver. For details regarding financial assistance, please refer to the Financial Aid Office.
*Post-baccalaureate Premedical Pre-professional Studies: Please apply as an undergraduate second degree student. Go to the Undergraduate Admissions website http://www.wpunj.edu/applynow/ and fill out the undergraduate application, stating Biology as your major, even if it is not your intention to complete the second bachelor's degree. For further information, visit: http://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/biology/PostBacc/index.dot
Clinical and Counseling Psychology
Education (M.Ed. and MAT)
Public Policy and Int'l Affairs